Residential Curbside Service
Mesilla Valley Disposal Provides a 96-gallon trash container to customers who are living outside the city limits of Las Cruces, and wish to set up an account. Our system uses a one-person trash collection vehicle that empties trash containers in your area once a week, on a designated pick-up day. Some locations are serviced twice a week if servicing an entire HOA community. For further details please call our office at 575-647-9094.
Prices vary upon location. For a quote please email us ; we will respond within 48 hours, or for a quicker reply call the office at 575-647-9094.
trash collection in dona ana county
Do not put the following items into your container:
- On trash collection day roll out your container to a flat surface at the curb or edge of the street by 6:00 a.m. (not on the sidewalk), Trashcan handles and wheels should be pointing away from the street. Please keep container accessible until 6:00 p.m. and until 7:00 p.m. on holidays, or during rainy and windy days.
- To allow access by our trash truck, containers should be at least five (5) feet away from parked vehicles, trees, mail boxes, street signs, light poles, etc.
- Customers with two (2) or more containers need to space them at least five (5) feet apart.
- All residential garbage MUST be bagged and tied before placing in container.
- Do not overfill containers. Overfilled containers may result in container not being serviced.
- Lids should be properly closed to prevent spillage and litter.
- Bungee cords strapped to containers are not allowed. If there are special circumstances please call the office for consideration of exception.
- Driveway must be able to withstand maximum weight of 33 Tons (66,000 LBS) and must have access to a safe turn around with no obstruction to trash collection truck such as; parked vehicles, trees, shrubs, flower beds, or dwellings of any sort. If provided permission for driveway access, Mesilla Valley Disposal will not be responsible for any damage to water, sewer, cable, or electric lines on permitted access.
- For Disability service, please call the office for requirements and approval.
To avoid your can from becoming too smelly you can:
- Concrete, rocks, dirt, sod
- Loose grass trimmings; must be bagged
- Tree trimmings that exceed two (2) feet
- Motor oil or tires
- Hot ashes, oil, gas, paint, or any form of hazardous waste or materials.
- Dead Animals
Also Available for Residential Service is our 300 Gal (approximately hold up to (3) 96 Gal Carts)
- Bag your trash at all times.
- Wash the inside of your can periodically (Dawn Dish soap works well).
- Avoid putting in liquids that might leak inside your can.
- Avoid leaving extremely smelly foods or waste for long periods of time.